Baxter Pharmacy Specialist (Pittsburgh) in Pennsylvania
About Baxter Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Summary The Pharmacy Specialist is responsible for sales activities of disposables, premix and nutritional products including new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within the territory with a focus on in-patient hospital pharmacy. Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for achieving sales quotas through the direct sale of the company's products and services Implement sales strategies to attain sales volume, product mix and profit objectives
- Call on hospital customers with primary focus on pharmacy department, master effective sales presentations, provide technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations, and quotes appropriate customer prices
- Collaborate with Baxter field team
- Monitor sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential for the territory
- Work closely with customer service and operations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Provide customer feedback to immediate supervisor and marketing personnel for the potential development of marketing policy, product and pricing
- Promote the Baxter Culture through positive ongoing relationships and activities
- Provide feedback regarding product simplification and standardization to enhance profitability of sales line
Qualifications * Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills * Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies * Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel * Must have good organization and time management skills * Ability to understand and adapt to customers' changing needs * Demonstrate business acumen and strong knowledge of sales processes. * Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of three years of successful, relevant healthcare sales experience
A Career That Matters Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: *Americas - US Hospital
Title: Pharmacy Specialist (Pittsburgh)
Requisition ID: 18000KS9