Baxter Marketing Manager, Medication Delivery in Deerfield, Illinois
About Baxter Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Position Summary: This position reports to the Director of Specialized Monitoring, Strategy and Business Development for Baxter’s Medication Delivery business. Baxter’s Medication Delivery has a vast portfolio of products including the IV solutions portfolio, infusion systems including Elastomerics, IV sets and access, pharmacy tools, ICNet and DoseEdge – all aimed at creating new, innovative value for customers and patients. Together with strong talent, globally diverse teams and an inclusive culture, we believe that Medication Delivery is uniquely positioned to deliver value to our hospital customers and their patients, from prescription to administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Baxter’sMedication Delivery business is a $3B business globally and is expected to play a major role in Baxter’s growth over the coming years, with significant investments being made in the innovation pipeline and market growth initiatives in specialized patient monitoring. As a key member of our commercial team focused on specialized monitoring, you will accelerate the growth of the business all by supporting and driving initiatives and strategies directly aligned with the goals of the business unit. Key responsibilities for this role include: * Developing commercial plans, executing key marketing initiatives and delivering on overall financial results. * Analyze specialized monitoring markets including pricing, competitive landscape and P&L development for new and on-market monitoring devices * Attain customer and market knowledge to contribute in business development activities and opportunity evaluations. * Write promotional pieces for targeted audience. * Develop business cases and financial models to support portfolio expansion efforts. * Prepare launch plans and work with region and country leads for launch readiness and implementation. * Monitor and evaluate external competitive environment to proactively identify opportunities and help mitigate threats to existing portfolio and pipeline.
- BS/BA required with two to five years’ experience in marketing, MBA strongly preferred. Health-care/pharma industry experience is a must
- 2 or more years of combined work experiences with companies in the patient monitoring industry
- Solid problem structuring and solving skills including quantitative and qualitative ideas and assumptions
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to facilitate and manage cross-functional teams. Strong presentation and oral communication skills. Critical Competencies:
- Strong ability to understand market trends, financial data, customer needs, and assess competitive intelligence data.
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint presentation and Excel skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization with a high degree of autonomy.
- Highly ambitious and a self-starter; actively thinks about opportunities and how to drive results.
- Comfortable in ambiguous and rapidly evolving situations.
- Ability to maintain perspective and focus on key priorities for the overall business.
- Proven success in driving results, taking ownership with entrepreneurial spirit to get things done
- Track record in leading projects to successful completion. A Career That Matters Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: *Global Businesses - Medication Delivery
Title: Marketing Manager, Medication Delivery
Requisition ID: 18000L01