Baxter Sterilization Engineer in Cleveland, Mississippi
About Baxter’s Cleveland, MS Facility: * Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. * Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
About the Position: * This position is a key role in the Plastic Pour Bottle Sterilization Department. Primary focus will be on maintaining equipment reliability, implementing continuous improvement projects, and executing the multi-year plan for sterilizer replacement/refurbishment. Cross-functional project management will be involved in this role as well.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Design/modify precision assembly and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Prepare estimates for various tasks and projects.
- Manage capital projects both directly and through coordinating engineers.
- Drive Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Interface with plant and corporate groups as well as contractors and vendors.
- Manage start-up, debug, and commission new manufacturing processes.
- Equipment life cycle management including: upgrades, replacement, and decommissioning.
- Product life cycle management including: product design changes, material changes, Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) assessments, specification changes, etc.
- Provide technical support/troubleshooting to all plant departments.
- Demonstrate proactive communication and problem solving.
- Responsible for supporting and achieving Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s).
- Responsible for adhering to FDA Design Control standards at all times.
Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), forms, and log books.
Bachelor degree in Engineering Required (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer degrees are preferred)
- 2 years Engineering / Manufacturing experience required. FDA manufacturing preferred.
- Programming/troubleshooting experience with automated control systems (PLC’s, HMI’s, servo’s, valves, regulators, and associated instrumentation) is desirable.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification or industry standard equivalent is desirable.
- Project Management skills and experience are a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy * * *Reasonable Accommodations* Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: *Global Operations - Manufacturing
Title: Sterilization Engineer
Requisition ID: 190003I7