Baxter Operator V in Cleveland, Mississippi
*About Baxter * Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Responsible for start-up and readiness of machine and support equipment prior to production. * Responsible for monitoring equipment and performing minor adjustments during production. * Responsible for changing out sealing dies and other mechanical parts as required. * Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems on equipment. * Must be able to perform all duties associated with the Minibag operation. * Must have quality management training and be able to perform and document inspection results on assembled product. * Must complete production release documentation associated with the operation. * Must clean and set-up sub-assembly and tray cleaning equipment. * Responsible for mixing solvent. * Must verify correctness of all raw materials. * Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management. * Applicant will be required to Operate Machines in other departments as assigned by supervision to complete 40-hour work week.
- Prior machine operating experience is necessary.
- Must have minor mechanical and electrical troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to work with and without direct supervision.
- Must have quality management training.
- Must have computer experience and be able to input data for statistical process control. Must monitor Allen Bradley Controller.
- Ability to read, write, count, use calculator and maintenance tools.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work during shutdown and holidays as needed.
- Forklift Certification is required for this position.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and minor maintenance functions.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must stand for long periods and walk frequently.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to lift above shoulders up to 10 pounds repetitively
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Audiometric testing required
- Hearing protection required
- Candidate must meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure CL-01-01-037.
A Career That Matters Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: *Global Operations - Manufacturing
Title: Operator V
Requisition ID: 18000JEA