Baxter Material Handler I 7am-3pm in Cleveland, Mississippi
*About Baxter *
Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For more than 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations. To learn more, visit www.baxter.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Perform manufacturing processes for the production of Plastic Pour Bottles. * Perform and document line clearances. * Verify correctness of material. * Responsible in supplying parts to and from the manufacturing operation. * Operate forklift to transfer boxes and totes to/from warehouse. * Stack bottles from boxes onto conveyor and off conveyor to boxes. * Inspect bottle and gasket assembly. * Review Good Manufacturing Practices audit requirements and keep department “audit ready” at all times. * Initiate and review all production documentation for completion and correctness. * Report abnormalities and corrective action to shift leader/supervision. * Responsible for accurate documentation per Good Manufacturing Practices on production and quality records, cleaning forms, batch folder, etc. * Participate in and complete all required training. * Participate in continuous improvement efforts and Lean exercises. * Maintain good housekeeping and 6S responsibilities as assigned. * Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- High school diploma required. Additional technical experience, training, or education a plus.
- Basic knowledge of quality and safety procedures and regulations a plus.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and procedures.
- Able to complete documentation legibly and per procedure.
- Trained as forklift and hand cart driver preferred. Ability to operate material train to/from warehouse.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Low absenteeism.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Basic mathematical skills and computer skills required.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in the Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Ability to bend, stoop and climb ladders.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift above the shoulder.
A Career That Matters Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Job: *Local Job Codes
Organization: *Global Operations - Manufacturing
Title: Material Handler I 7am-3pm
Requisition ID: 18000JOX